- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- Enjoy a day tour full of wildlife and adventure on French and Phillip Island
- 2 Western Port Ferry rides
- Guided tour of French Island in a 4WD
- Spot koalas in their natural habitat
- Enjoy a penguin parade on Phillip Island
- Lunch or afternoon tea included (seasonally)
- Pick-up and drop-off at Melbourne CBD designated locations
French Island and Phillip Island Wildlife TourGet off-grid, get offline and get off the beaten track!
What to Expect
Visit Philip Island and French Island on a popular day trip from Melbourne! Spend the day island hopping from between the islands and getting up close and personal with some of Australia’s cutest native wildlife. You'll enjoy breathtaking ocean views and local knowledge of the area during this tour!
Where we visit:
After being picked up at a designated location in Melbourne CBD, the tour arrives on the other end of the peninsula and starts its journey with a short trip across Western Port Bay to French Island. You'll travel by power catamaran across the Crystal Blue Sea to the first destination with the opportunity to take in the picturesque scenery of the day.
French Island is a hidden treasure of wildlife. After your first ferry ride, the tour will participate in a guided 4WD tour around the island where the guide will share their knowledge of the natural environment. Keep your eyes peeled for koalas and an array of wildlife that inhabits the island! The tour stops for lunch at a local farmgate to experience how the locals live (during summer tours).
Afterwards, the tour will continue with a ferry ride across Western Port Bay to Phillip Island. This is one of Australia’s most amazing locations. At 23km long and 10km wide, the island is a small and peaceful spot to get away from the hustle and bustle of the big city. Phillip Island is home to some of the greatest surf conditions, amazing beaches, native Australian wildlife and the world-famous motorbike circuit.
Once you arrive on Phillip Island, the tour takes a short adventure to Point Grant, also known by the locals as ‘Nobbies,’ where you'll experience the remarkable natural sights. Just offshore from Nobbies is Australia’s largest fur seal colony, which you may be able to spot by looking through the viewing binoculars.
At sunset, you'll get the chance to watch Phillip Island’s famous penguin parade, where tiny penguins waddle their way onto Summerland Beach. They are the smallest species of penguin and the only penguin that lives permanently in Australia.Get up close and personal with these cute penguins in the general viewing area to watch these delightful creatures waddle ashore. After the parade, the tour will drive you back to your designated drop-off location in Melbourne CBD.
Please note: Lunch is included in winter tour and afternoon tea is included in summer tour
Frequently Asked Questions
The main pick up point from Melbourne is outside the Mail Exchange Bus Stop, 688 Bourke Street City. In Geelong, it’s at the Cunningham Pier entrance (under the sign). The tour has a selection of pick up points in Melbourne and these must be pre-booked.
Your vehicle is a modern, deluxe, airconditioned mini-coach with comfortable seating and large windows for maximum viewing pleasure. The vehicle takes a maximum of 21 guests.
Bring along appropriate clothing for seasonal weather conditions, a camera for lots of memorable photo’s, hat & sunscreen for hot, sunny days, a screw-top water bottle, and a small hand bag for souvenirs.
The tour endeavours to cater for specific dietary requirements where food is included as part of the tour. Please advise at the time of booking.
The tour runs on 21 seat Minibuses which are, unfortunately, not usually wheelchair accessible. In some cases, exceptions can be made so it is best to contact us and enquire about the tour you want to do including the date you would like to do it.
- Itineraries, prices and days of operation are subject to change or withdrawal without notice
- A fuel levy may apply when world oil prices exceed the allowance in the fare
- Children under the age of 12 years will not be carried unless accompanied by an adult.
- 100% cancellation fee applies for tours cancelled within 48 hours of departure.
- Changes to your booking, including change of date can be made up to 48 before departure free of charge providing availability.
- No changes can be made within 48 hours of departure.
- Within 48 hours you can transfer your booking to another person, we must be advised of the name change and contact details along with any dietary requirements. The provider will not be held responsible for passengers failing to familiarise themselves with the booking terms and conditions
- Her majesty’s Theatre
- Mail Exchange Hotel
- Regent Theatre
- Travelodge Hotel Southbank
Reviews for French Island and Phillip Island Wildlife Tour
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely