- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- Full-day guided tour to explore the amazing wildlife & scenery of the Dandenong Ranges & Phillip Island
- Scenic journey through the forest on the Puffing Billy historic steam train from Belgrave to Menzies Creek
- Standard Entry to the Penguin Parade to witness the penguins make their waddle back to their burrows at night
- Enjoy entrance fees to the award-winning Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park
- Experienced & informative driver/guide providing commentary along the way
- Convenient return transfers from selected Melbourne accommodation
1 Day Puffing Billy, Moonlit Sanctuary and Penguin Parade TourEnjoy three iconic Melbourne experiences in one ultimate day out as you escape from the city into the Dandenong Ranges and Phillip Island.
- Meals & snacks
- The following upgrades are available for the Penguin Parade:
- Penguins Plus: Upgraded "Penguins Plus" viewing at Penguin Parade - Exclusive viewing area with a maximum capacity of 300 guests
- Penguins Plus Underground Upgrade: Upgraded "Penguins Plus Underground" viewing at Penguin Parade - Enjoy up-close viewing of the Little Penguins in their natural habitat through an underground viewing window, with the comfort & convenience of being indoors, undercover & out of the elements
- Guided Ranger Tour Upgrade: Entry fees as above plus upgrade to Guided Ranger at Penguin Parade - Enjoy front-row viewing on the sand & access to Penguins Plus with a small group & private ranger guide
What to Expect
Take a memorable journey through the Sherbrooke Forest on a century-old steam train, get up close and personal with Australian wildlife at the award-winning Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park and explore Phillip Island's scenic coastline, all before ending with the highlight of the adorable Penguin Parade at sunset. This is one unforgettable day out for wildlife and nature lovers.
Depart Melbourne around 9.00 am as you join your expert guide and travel eastwards to the foothills of the Dandenong Ranges. Step back in time with a journey on the historic Puffing Billy Steam Train, winding through the heart of the Sherbrooke Forest on its own mountain track. The steam train is kept in mint condition by a dedicated team of volunteers.
Continuing onwards, enjoy a guided wildlife walk at the multi-award-winning Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park where you will have the opportunity to meet and hand-feed many species of native Australian animals. Learn about iconic species such as kangaroos, koalas, emus, and wallabies, as well as some of our lesser-known favourites including quolls, owls, bandicoots, and Tasmanian devils.
Arriving on Phillip Island, we’ll visit Point Grant where you can take in spectacular panoramic views of The Nobbies and Seal Rocks while strolling the coastal boardwalks. From here, it is onwards to the main event, where just after dark every night the world’s smallest penguins waddle ashore after spending the day at sea. You’ll be truly enchanted as the stars of the show emerge from the surf and pass right before your eyes on their journey back home. Your guide will ensure you are able to get the best vantage point to enjoy the Penguin Parade.
Where We Visit
- Puffing Billy Railway Station
- Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park - Pearcedale
- Point Grant & The Nobbies
- Phillip Island Penguin Parade
Frequently Asked Questions
- Snacks & a refillable water bottle
- Warm weather: sunscreen, a hat, & warm clothes for when the sun goes down
- Winter: warm clothes & layers as coastal winds can make conditions quite cold
Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park is home to many common and rare Australian animals including kangaroos, wombats, emus, and Tasmanian Devils (and more). The kangaroos and wallabies can be fed with food purchased from Moonlit Sanctuary’s counter. Please do not feed any animals inside enclosed areas!
Koala handling is not included on this tour. You will, however, still see these furry little guys in their habitats at Moonlit Sanctuary. From here, you will also be able to take photos of them munching away on eucalyptus or sleeping throughout the day!
Photos are permitted at all locations except the Phillip Island Penguin Parade. Penguins’ eyes are very sensitive, and any bright or sudden flashes can frighten them. Please do not use cameras of any kind including phones and camcorders at any time during your visit to the Penguin Parade.
We do not include meals on this tour, but there are opportunities to purchase meals at appropriate times throughout the day. Guests are also welcome to bring food with them if they prefer.
As the time that the penguins arrive on the beach changes significantly during the course of the year, our return time to Melbourne also varies significantly.
On an indicative basis, this tour returns to Melbourne at approximately the following times:
- Nov – Feb: midnight
- March: 11:00 PM
- April: 10:00 PM
- May – Aug: 9:00 PM
- September: 9:30 PM
- October: 10:30 PM
- Please arrive at your pickup location at least 10 minutes prior to your allocated pickup time
- No prams or strollers permitted
- Cancellations less than 48 hours but more than 24 hours prior will result in a 50% cancellation fee
- Cancellations within 24 hours will result in a 100% cancellation fee
Reviews for 1 Day Puffing Billy, Moonlit Sanctuary and Penguin Parade Tour
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely