- Get up to $20 cash back per person when you book with us
- A 2-day 1-night tour of Fraser Island, the largest sand island in the world with a unique ecosystem
- 1-night camping accommodation, with all camping equipment & sleeping bags (bring a pillow) provided for a good night sleep
- All meals, including a picnic lunch and a green campfire-side dinner on Day 1 & delicious breakfast on Day 2
- Return transfers from selected locations in Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast, Gympie, & Rainbow Beach
- Expert driver & eco guide for deeper insights into this incredible landscape
- Cooloola National Park tour past towering sand cliffs, coloured sands, & rainforest
- Pre-arranged camping & vehicle fees
- Night activities & starlight swim to make the most of your island time
Where We Visit
- Lake McKenzie
- Lake Wabby
- Central Station Rainforest
- Wangoolba Creek
- Rainbow Beach
- Maheno Shipwreck
- Eli Creek
- 75-Mile Beach
- National park & ferry fees ($50 per person per day, payable on the day of departure)
What to Expect
Fraser Island is a must-visit destination while in Queensland. This warm, sunny spot is the world's largest sand island, making it a popular holiday spot for locals and visitors alike. This 2-day, 1-night camping tour will showcase the very best that Fraser Island has to offer, from beautiful scenery and wildlife to outdoor activities and more.
Prepare to be picked up between 6:00 am, and 11:00 am, depending on your starting location. Then, you will make your way north past the Glasshouse Mountains, Caloundra and the Sunshine Coast to the Noosa River Ferry and Cooloola Coast Beach (tides permitting). Then, it's time for a beach drive at Rainbow Beach to see the famous Coloured Sands before making your way to Inskip Point for the ferry crossing to Fraser Island.
As you cruise, look out for beautiful views of Tin Can Bay, Fraser Island's west coast and Hervey Bay. You may also get the chance to spot dolphins, turtles, dugongs, sharks, eagles, sea birds and fish. While you're in the world heritage-listed Fraser Island National Park you will learn all about the history and culture of the area.
Once the ferry lands on the beach, it's time for the real adventure to begin as you 4WD along the island's 75 Mile Beach, looking out for dingoes, kangaroos and whales (in season) as you drive. Stop at Eli Creek for a picnic lunch of fruit, salad, meat, rolls or wraps, and cold drinks, and see the Maheno Shipwreck, one of the island's most iconic sights.
Make your way to Lake Wabby, the famous sand dune lake, which is also the deepest lake of its kind on the island. Keep an eye out for the 12 species of fish that call the lake home, including the rare honey blue-eye. Throughout your 4WD tour, you will also spot all sorts of historical sites, wildlife and natural scenery.
Finally, head to your accommodation for the night. Once there, get settled in, freshen up if needed, and join your tour group for dinner by the campfire. Afterwards, you will have some free time to explore – take a night walk along 75-Mile Beach, stargaze, or just relax Fraser Island style.
Rise bright and early to witness the wonderful sunrise over the ocean. If you like, you can take a walk or a hike before breakfast. Afterwards, spend some time at one of Fraser Island's most famous lakes – Lake McKenzie. This perched lake is made entirely of raindrops for clear blue waters that contrast beautifully against the bright white sands of the beach. Take a refreshing dip in the water, soak up the sun, take some photographs or search for wildlife.
Then, it's time to explore Central Station Rainforest and Picabeen Palms. While there, you will see giant King Ferns, the World Heritage Satinay Forest, and the clear waters of Wanggoolba Creek.
As the journey ends, drive through jungle forest past Lake Benaroon to Lake Boomanjin – the red lake and largest perched lake in the world or return via Eurong beach to the 75 Mile Surf Highway. Then it's time to say goodbye to Fraser Island, returning to your original departure point between 2:00 pm and 6:00 pm.
This tour is 2 days and 1 night. It departs on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
Please note due to limited storage room on the 4WD: Any suitcases and/or large backpacks (luggage) over 5kg will incur a $40.00 per item surcharge
Frequently Asked Questions
A pillow (if camping or cabin), a bottle of water to take with you on hikes, swimmers, towel, sunscreen, repellent and your sense of adventure!
No problem! Either call or email us when you make your booking informing us what you require. Our staff will ensure food is ordered for your tour accordingly.
The supplier will also give you a chance to pick up some extra snacks on the way, or you can feel free to bring your own!
No, you will have the tent to yourself
Children must be 6 years and older to attend.
Please note, this is a participation camping tour
- You are entering a tidal wilderness zone. The operator reserves the right to alter the itinerary, vehicle and driver for any reason deemed necessary.
- All suitcases and large backpacks (luggage) can incur a $40 a bag fee.
- All cancellations will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
- All cancellations less than 48 hours before departure will incur a 100% fee.
- Brisbane Bus Stop 125 Roma St 6:45am
- Caloundra Bus Interchange 8:15am
- Mooloolaba Bowls Club 8:30am
- Noosa Information Centre 9:00am
- Rainbow Beach 11:00am
Reviews for Fraser Island 2 Day 4WD Camping Tour
Get Instant Confirmation